Over 2 years ago I was confronted head-on by the problem of Flash-Smartphones / Tablets transition: how to export Flash animations and make them work in our devices ?
After several searches on the web I learned that there were two types of methods to export animations: Spritesheet or Skeletal. The most commonly method used at that time was Spritesheet which create/export a complete image for each frame of the animation.
In my case I realized quickly that this method wasn’t ideal for my game GhostSplash which had more than 100 animations. Animations which had to be exported as big as possible because I had to make them work with the best possible resolution at any devices. TOO MUCH !
The Skeletal method was indeed the fittest, but back then there wasn’t Haxe libraries to export my animations. Spine and GAF was the only alternatives but either were expensive or simply had not been implemented the Haxe version . Dragon Bones was one of the few wich proposed a free version but it only existed for AS3 and Flash.
It is for that reason that I decided to create Skeletoraxe.
I hope this library will be useful
Enjoy it !
You can download Skeletoraxe right here.
And here you are a little tutorial to learn how it works